Thursday, November 29, 2007

#21 Podcasts

I spent a little time with this exercise listening to some samples of music from several artists. Some I was very familiar with because I requested them and others I tried just for the heck. I now feel that I am starting to walk the walk. I tried Podcast net and went into The Library Channel and selected Talking with Talis Happy Birthday Library 2.0 and found an interesting discussion between British and American Librarians about Library 2.0 a year after its inception. I found that the Librarians felt the same as I did when I first embarked on this learning curve, a blank stare at applying Web 2.0 to libraries. Basically it is still about how libraries act to the world around them, and at least I have a recognition and acceptance of technology which is now well and truly entranced into my mindset. I can see podcast technology being used to encourage more youth and open up the library to teenagers with music and teen books.

No comments: